Musings of a Little Bay Thoroughbred

Friday

Doing the Opposite of What You Think You Should Do


Here is a very interesting concept Linda Parelli describes here:http://linda.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/2010/09/zero-brace/

While it makes sense, I believe it's very difficult to put into practice what one has been taught for so long to go against. I think this is another "AHA" moment in the long journey of better communication between my owner and I. Letting me act up? Why sure, I think I will!
Just keep in mind, for you owners out there considering this, that it is recommended you have the experience to work through any potential situations, which means, in other words, be safe and know this is probably not something I would advocate a beginner should try without a trainer on hand. Especially with a precocious mare like me.
Because of my checkered past and trust issues, my mom thinks this may be a good exercise to try to build up my confidence and trust. She is very excited to put this into practice. Please check back for how it all went as she plans to try this tonight in our time together.

xoxo Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment