Musings of a Little Bay Thoroughbred

Monday

Being a Steward, A Note From My Owner





I read something today that really stuck.  It was parelleling horse ownership to being a steward.  As I read it I began to form an image in my mind of myself as someone who is entrusted with the care of something very sacred.  When you really sit down and think about it, horses are some of the most majestic and graceful creatures that God ever created.

I liked this concept so much I felt it was important to share.  Horses don't get to make many choices without a human's hand in most of it.  Sure, they can decide which patch of grass to share with a herdmate or where to roll in the mud, but they don't get much of a say in when or what they eat or how they spend their time in our care.  It's up to us, the people who have these beautiful animals in our lives, to make sure we do right by them.  They depend on us, their stewards.

Being a steward means being a guardian and ensuring proper care and well being while in our care, for whatever length of time that may be. 
The next time you are with your horse I challenge you to look at things differently and view yourself as a steward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment